In the My Tan Feet episode:
How the “My Tan Feet” Blog made over $36,000 in their first two years. The monetization and customer targeting tips that can help your blog start printing money right away.
Feature Topics in this episode:
- Why you should develop a flexible brand from day one
- Why niche = authority
- Why blogs are better for audiences
- How choosing the right niche can make or break your business
- Why targeted email sequences convert readers into customers
- Choosing affiliates that work
- Why Adsense can still work for you
- Pitch or fail. Why bitting the bullet and cold emailing is often the only way to grow your income
- Why being able to do simple video will get you more blogging work
- The importance of an auto responder sequence with evergreen content
- Why email beats social media and google every time
- Building a quality email list with a 70% open rate
- An engaged audience will get you more sponsorship and earnings than a larger, unengaged audience
- How to build your own press trip
- Why you shouldn’t just rely on affiliate programs that already exist.
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
We love to hear from listeners about how we can improve the show or what you love about it already.
Become part of the $5 Planet
You can submit your own $5 food or fun experiences to our rapidly growing $5 Planet Map.
OR tweet suggestions to @5dollartravel or #5dollarplanet
Weblinks from My Tan Feet Episode
Interview Guest: Samantha & Yeison My Tan Feet
5 Steps to Kickstarting Your Dream Lifestyle: Download here (Last chance to get the book for free!)
MONDAY TOOL: Aweber: Email marketing newsletters
Infusionsoft – More sophisticated and expensive alternative to Aweber
Affiliate Window – Affiliate Network
World Nomads Insurance – Specifically designed for digital nomads, flashpackers, adventure & long term Travellers – Get a 5% Discount with our coupon code: FOOD5
Trusted Housesitters.com – Use discount code 5DP to get a 15% discount on membership
TBEX – The Largest Travel bloggers event in the world.
DISCLAIMER: We are affiliated with TBEX, Trusted Housesitters, World nomads, Lems Shoes, Cabin Zero – all companies we love and support. We are not affiliated with any other of the recommended products on this page. All our opinions, as always, are our own.
WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK
This podcast is new, so help us out. Please leave your comments below so that we can make changes to future episodes based on your feedback.